BIAS is no longer actively maintained. Instead, we recommend using a Python-based camera server. Several of these have been written for a range of cameras, examples of which can be found in the labscript_devices code bade, e.g. Andor, FLIR FlyCapture 2, Basler pylon, and any camera compatible with National Instruments IMAQdx (most cameras compliant with the GigE Vision interface standard).
BIAS is a camera control program. It interfaces with blacs to take images during experiments, while allowing the user to update regions of interest and camera settings.
BIAS is a LabVIEW application that makes use of a number of libraries to interface and communicate with the rest of the software stack in a standard way. These libraries can be installed with the VI package manager, with required versions and links to the necessary VIP files listed below.
- h5labview v2.8.3 (direct link) [as of rev 2d451353b62b]
- labview-zmq v184.108.40.206 (direct link)
- msgpack v0.9.4.5 (direct link)
- pybywire v220.127.116.11 (direct link)
The packages can be batch installed by selecting “Open Package File(s)” from the File menu of VIPM and selecting all 4 VIP files.
- BIAS is only compatible with the 32-bit version of LabVIEW and requires the “NI Vision Acquisition Software” package to be installed (available as a free download from National Instruments).